Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Don't act so surprised...

Yes, I am probably the worst traveler ever for not keeping a written account of my adventures. I have started at least 5 journals since I arrived to South Africa

in October, but they have all been either forgotten, converted into field notebooks, or burned. I like to think that I can look back on my photos and they will tell my story of the past year, but due to my mugging, camera malfunctions, and general horrid luck in the photographic arena, I’m not sure that I can say that either.

I told a lot of people that I would be keeping a blog during my time in Africa. Apologies for that. This isn’t going to be a blog for me to attempt to tell you everything that has happened since my arrival and my emotions towards those events. Rather, I hope to keep a small, severely abbreviated record of my favorite moments that I think my loved ones will appreciate.


If you happen to be one of those loved ones, I want to thank you for your support. Sometimes I still pinch myself - it all still seems to good to be true. Please forgive me if I have not kept in touch, I promise to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment